NOTTINGHAMSHIRE ARCHERY SOCIETY
72nd GOLDEN ARROW
ROUND: 6 DOZEN AT 60 YARDS ON A 122 cm FACE SCORING
1 TO 10
Saturday 12th June 2021
Venue: Maythorne Cottage Field, Lower Kirklington Road, Southwell, NG25 0RR
Sighters: 2.00 p.m.
Entry fee: £6.50
Judges: Mario Stankovic
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the covid pandemic there will be no awards ceremony on the day and winners medals will be distributed via club secretaries. All current trophy holders are asked to retain the trophy/ies until next year please.
THE GOLDEN ARROW awarded to the recurve archer (of either sex) recording the highest score; the winner to be known as the Captain of Sherwood Forest.
THE SILVER ARROW for the highest score recorded by the recurve archer of the sex opposite to that which wins the Golden Arrow; the winner to be known as the Lieutenant of Sherwood Forest.
THE BRONZE ARROW for the recurve archer runner-up, provided he or she is not the winner of the Silver Arrow
THE MACKNESS QUIVER for the highest score recorded by a Nottinghamshire gentleman recurve
THE MAID MARION CUP for the highest score recorded by a Nottinghamshire Lady recurve.
THE ROBIN HOOD TROPHY for the highest score recorded by a recurve archer of either sex who has never won a trophy, medal or prize (on pure score) at an open tournament.
SIX BATH AND WEST HORNS for the two highest scores, one lady & one gentleman, in 3 handicap groups. Open to all bow classes
THE STYGIAN AWARD for the highest number of blacks. Kindly presented by the Stygian Archers. Open to all bow classes
TEAM TROPHY Team to consist of any 4 recurve archers from one club.
GOLDEN GOBLET Highest scoring junior recurve archer,
SILVER GOBLET Highest scoring junior recurve archer of opposite sex.
COMPOUND TROPHIES awarded to the highest scores recorded by both sexes.
LONGBOW TROPHIES awarded for the highest scores recorded by both sexes.
BAREBOW 1st place medals awarded for the highest scores recorded by both sexes.
Other Junior bow classes 1st place medals for highest scores recorded by both sexes.
- All archers must be affiliated to Archery GB and will be asked to produce their membership cards when signing in.
- Archery GB dress regulations in accordance with rule 307 apply.
- In compliance with Archery GB Child Protection guidelines any person wishing to engage in any form of photography or video must register with the Tournament Organiser.
- Data Protection – When you enter competitions the following information may be collected and shared with tournament organisers, scoring systems and other competitors for example target lists and results may be published: First Name, Surname, Gender, Bow Style, Date of Birth/Age category, Email, Address, Phone Number, Club (and ID), County (and ID), Region (and ID), Round (unless defined by age), Disabled (Y/N), Disability info.
- Please specify any special requirements eg need to stay on the line etc.
- Anyone wishing to shoot pure carbon arrow shafts must notify the Judge in Charge before practice on the day
- No refunds for cancellations will be given after the closing date.
- Neither Sherwood Archers nor Nottinghamshire Archery Society accepts any responsibility for personal injury, loss or damage to competitor’s equipment or possessions however caused
- NB there are no 2nd or 3rd place medals given at this competition.
You will be expected to abide by the following Covid 19 information:
- If you or any member of your household has any symptoms of the Covid 19 virus then you must not attend the competition
- If you or any member of your household has been to the competition and then has any symptoms of the Covid 19 virus then you must notify me asap.
- We remind you that you are expected to maintain the 2 metre social distancing rules wherever possible and to wear a face mask when this is not possible and when using the toilets.
- When at the targets for scoring please use gloves were possible and pull only your own arrows
- Entries should be sent by 5th June 2021 to the organiser:
- Mrs Susan Stankovic, 82 Lower Kirklington Road, Southwell, Notts. NG25 0DP. Tel: 01636 814494. No telephone entries please. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Any email entries to be followed up by entry form and payment in the post unless the entry is paid by PayPal. Please make cheques payable to “SHERWOOD ARCHERS” or pay by PayPal >Send Money>email@example.com